Waiting for... | Tokyo Kawaii Life #1 ♡


Hello everyone!

Now if you've been following me for awhile, you've probably noticed that I rarely ever make posts regarding fashion. To be completely honest, it's because I really just don't have an eye for it. A fun fact for those who don't know me is that, my go-to item to wear will always be a dress because I then don't have to think about matching a top and a bottom together. (/Ο‰\)

I do however, really like clothes~ Like I mentioned in other posts, one of my favorite stores to shop at is Liz Lisa. Because it's a clothing store in Japan, there are only so many online stores you can buy their clothes authentically. Their main store to buy from is Tokyo Kawaii Life. Now to shortly background this post, Liz Lisa releases items and collections based off of seasons usually, (i.e. Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter), so right now in July, the Spring and Summer items have been released and are currently on sale, either 30% or 50%. (They have also just released one of their Autumn 2017 collection, Royal Sweets Labyrinth!) It's usually better to buy pieces during surprise sales in the middle of each season, but I decided to purchase all of these items toward the end of the season. (Mainly because I'm indecisive and I recently just got back into my Liz Lisa obsession~)

I've bought from their site many times before, but I want to start documenting my purchases on this blog~ Liz Lisa is such a beautiful brand and due to the Liz Lisa instagrammers I've been following, they all have been inspiring me to post more of what I love. So thank you LL gals~! πŸ’— One of my favorite instagrammers, Claudii (@claudiiputnam) recently just blogged about items that she's waiting on from both Tokyo Kawaii Life and Mercari (a Japanese second-hand website) and it actually inspired me to make a post on the items that I'm currently waiting on! (Please check out her blog!)

So without further ado, here's what I'm waiting for from the 2017 Spring/Summer Liz Lisa collections~

One-Pieces:

♡ Fruit Lease Pattern One-Piece in White (フルーツγƒͺγƒΌγ‚ΉζŸ„γƒ―γƒ³γƒ”γƒΌγ‚Ή)



I saw this dress on the models and I just had to get it during the SS sales! I usually never wear halter neck dresses, but I couldn't pass this pattern because of how beautiful this original Liz Lisa print was! The only thing I'm worried about is the length of the dress. From what I know, these models are around 5'2-3'', while I'm 5'4''. So I'm hoping it's length doesn't end up being too short. :)



I thought this dress was really cute the first time I saw it, but I wasn't too keen on buying it full price. When I saw it for 30% off, I thought I wouldn't get another opportunity to wait for it to become cheaper, especially in the blue colorway, so I took the chance and bought it! I definitely don't own any blue colored Liz Lisa one-pieces yet, so I'm excited to see how this one will match my skin tone~



The pattern of this dress really sold me. I LOVE ice cream! And this print seemed like such a Liz Lisa pattern that I couldn't pass up the chance to get this in the blue colorway as well! I think my favorite part of this dress is the sewn-on gold stars as buttons ~ So adorable!

Set-Ups:



Because I got the blue one-piece in the same pattern, I decided to also get the pink version except buy it in the pink colorway set-up with the skirt and matching blouse! I have never bought a coordinating set-up before so I'm excited to see how this one will end up looking! I can't match blouses to skirts for my life...so I'm hoping having this setup will make me more comfortable in experimenting with coordinates~

♡ Sunflower Lace Blouse in White + Sunflower Print Janska in White (γ²γΎγ‚γ‚Šγƒ¬γƒΌγ‚Ήγƒ–γƒ©γ‚¦γ‚Ή + γ²γΎγ‚γ‚ŠζŸ„ジャンスカ)


Usually every year, Liz Lisa releases a sunflower print, and because I never ended up getting one, I decided to make this year my first! Instead of the one-piece which I usually always end up getting, I decided to buy my first ever janska! I believe the top overall-y part can be un-buttoned off and it can be made into a skirt as well, so it's very multi-functional~ I decided to also get the matching blouse so I'll know how to coordinate this outfit!

Shoes:



For anyone who knows me in real life, I NEVER wear shoes. The only time I do is when I exercise (which, by the way, is rare). I've considered myself the girliest of girls for as long as I can remember and always opted to wear sandals, heels, or flats. I realized however that a nice pair of sneakers might be a good option to have for when I wear my more normal coords, so I decided to buy this pair in white. I'm not too sure how I'll really feel when they come in, but I'm actually kind of excited to see how I'm going to pair these with both Liz Lisa clothes and regular every day outfits. 



I definitely wasn't planning on buying this pair of wedges, but every time I passed it on the sales page, I just decided to add it to my shopping cart! I really love Liz Lisa heels and pumps, but sometimes I find them to be a bit too high. I love whenever Liz Lisa releases wedges because I'm actually able to comfortable walk in them for a really long time. The only thing that I'm worried about with this pair is the laces. I have a feeling I'll get annoyed by them. '''^_^

Bags:

♡ Color Scheme 2Way Bag in Pink (配色 2WAY BAG)


I've never bought Liz Lisa bags before. I've really wanted to for the past several years, but never was brave enough to add it to my cart and actually press pay. But I decided to just clench my teeth and purchase 6! (*οΎ‰▽οΎ‰)  I'm hoping this one will be a good purse for every day use! I'm hoping to use it during graduate school at USC! 

♡ Different Material Color Scheme String Tote Bag in White (η•°η΄ ζι…θ‰²γ‚Ήγƒˆγƒͺγƒ³γ‚°γƒˆγƒΌγƒˆγƒγƒƒγ‚°)


This bag (and the next) were one of the first bags to be put in my shopping cart when I decided I wanted to bite the bullet and buy Liz Lisa bags. It's such a simple design but I absolutely love how it doesn't seem like it'll be too big or too small. I think it'll match so well with my other Liz Lisa outfits!

♡ Different Material Color Scheme Tote Bag in White (η•°η΄ ζι…θ‰²γƒˆγƒΌγƒˆγƒγƒƒγ‚°)


Although this bag is similar to the one before, I really didn't want to pass the opportunity to get both designs! They're designs are just so classic and simple that I'm getting giddy right now just thinking about using them out and about! 

♡ Ice Cage Bag in Blue (γ‚’γ‚€γ‚Ήγ‚«γ‚΄BAG)
Honestly the only reason why I decided to get this bag is because I bought the blue ice cream one-piece and it's pink set-up counterpart~ I really want to wear the bag and the outfits together because I think it'll be so cute! I'm also going to the Ice Cream Museum in LA during early August, so I'm hoping I can bring this bag and wear the ice cream dress along with it! Being extra on a delicious level!



There are simply no explanation for why I decided to get both the pink and the white colorways. This bag design was probably my favorite this entire Spring/Summer season and I'm so glad I got to get these two colors before they sold out! I think they'll match so perfectly with any of my Liz Lisa outfits. The only thing I'm worried about is it's size. I do prefer my purses/bags to be a bit bigger because I like carrying a lot of things, so I'm hoping they won't be too small~

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

And that is everything that I bought from the Spring and Summer collection! I won't be buying from Liz Lisa for quite awhile. Although they just released their first Autumn collection, Royal Sweets Labyrinth, I'm not that much of a Autumn/Winter fan of Liz Lisa. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the designs, it's just I live in Southern California and rarely ever wear long sleeves. Most of the dresses that are released end up being long-sleeved or made up of really warm material, so I stray away from buying from them. But I do really love their coats that are released~ So we'll see what ends up happening!

Hopefully this shipment will all come in by the end of this week! (And I don't have to worry about custom charges ><) It just arrived in the United States on the 12th! ♡ I'll make a post with my coords once I figure out how to style them when they come in! (α—’α—¨α—•) Please stay tuned to that! 

Until next time,

Be true and always be you, 
Love, Aimee

Follow me or come talk to me on:

2 comments

  1. I'm so happy that I was able to inspire you for this blogpost�� It was lovely to read about the items you're waiting for! Everything is so beautiful and will look gorgeous on you!����

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been a little mia on my blog - but I saw all ur photos and try-ons on ur instagram!!
    hehe my favourite dress is the icing cake one~ btw. congratulations on graduating!!! (I know it was a while agooo - but still!! <3 )
    Btw, I’d love to invite you to join my giveaway where you can win a Korean Beauty Box worth ~$100! https://youtu.be/zErnW1y6u8g
    xx Charmaine

    charrmyn || Meibe Korea Beauty Box Giveaway worth $100

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Your comments always make my day!

Latest Instagrams

© be true and be you. Design by Fearne.